Sunday, March 01, 2009

Честита Баба Марта!

Today is the first day of March and one of my favorite Bulgarian holidays - Baba Marta. I've mentioned this celebration before, and I'm really missing all the hoopla. I want to exchange red and white friendship bracelets, wish my friends health and happiness, and watch the skies for storks over the coming month. Just missing Bulgaria.
I talked to a couple of my Bulgarian girlfriends today, and they were telling me a bit about an anti-AIDS/HIV concert that they had. Their idea was funded by the Peace Corps, and they got about 100+ people to come out on a Saturday (and Valentine's Day no less) to be entertained and learn a bit about HIV and AIDS. I'm so incredibly proud of them. Today also marks a year since we did our first project together: a fundraiser for a sick classmate. I only wish that I had been there to take part this time.
In other news, I'm still trying to find my way. I'm counting on God to show me what's next.

2 comments:

Краси (L.A.) said...

Можеш ли да ми изпратиш PDF на "Cambio: The Exchange Rate of Travel"? Ще ми е интересно да го прочета. Имаш ми имейла, нали?

Ellis and Jodie's Bulgarian Adventure said...

Oh, sorry I missed you! I just discovered your blog, because I posted my own entry about Bulgarian head shaking, and found yours from 2005.

You can check out my adventures in Bulgaria at:
http://shumansinbulgaria.blogspot.com/

Regards,
Ellis Shuman