Friday, June 15, 2007

Stolen Bulgarian Mastercard

I found this while blog-stalking another volunteer. I laughed out loud when I read this. Thanks, Andrea. I only wish I could aspire to your wit.

Trip to the Police Station On Foot: 16 minutes
Figuring out the Right Window: 4 minutes
Waiting in What Can Only Be Described as a Mob While Strange Chinese Guy Breaths on Your Hair: 25 minutes
Waiting at Window While Pink-Sweatered Bulgarian Women Disappears: 11 minutes
Retrieving Your Lichna Karta: 5 minutes
Knowing You’ll Never Have to Return to The Sofia Police Station: Timeless

Some people are content with public confusion, chaos and disorder. For everyone else, there’s America.

*Lichna Karta is the Bulgarian equivalent of a Driver’s LicenseYou might say that the DMV is not your favorite errand either. But let me assure you that there is really no comparison. This was my fourth trip to the police station over the course of three weeks. All for one purpose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am constantly astonished by the problems PCVs have with Lichna Kartas. At MVR in Sofia they practically fill in the application form for me after they read the letter from PC.