Sunday, November 19, 2006

Tiramisu Weekend

I thought I would just write and let you know that I'm back from my weekend jaunt to Plovdiv. I had a great time. I got to see my "sister," make tiramisu, and pick up Bryan Adams tickets! That's right. I'm going to go see Bryan Adams in concert. I saw Sting earlier this year, and now it's time for Bryan. Any doubts that I'm a sentimental girl?
So yeah, I went to Plovdiv this weekend because I was invited by an ex-pat Italian to learn how to make tiramisu. It was an interesting experience as I can't remember ever actually meeting someone I've met on the internet. And now I know how to make tiramisu. Nevermind that half the needed ingredients are things I can't get in my town.... It was a nice evening. Good food (he made pasta for me as well) and good conversation. It's nice to meet another "outsider" who's not a PCV. Highlight of the evening: Him waiting expectantly to see what I thought of the tiramisu - immediately followed by me accidentally inhaling a mountain of cocoa powder and choking.
I stayed at a hostel this time around in Plovdiv. I usually stay with my "family," but I just didn't want to put them out this time around. I met some cool people at the hostel. It's been a long time since I've fallen in with the "constant travel" crowd. I stayed and chatted with them... enjoying the view of hazy, old Plovdiv from the windows. I really love that city. It feels like a small town.
So that's it. Tomorrow is back to work. Thursday is Thanksgiving. Next weekend will find me celebrating with other PCVs. I'll update you all again later. In the meantime! Chestit den na blagodarnosta! aka Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: