Friday, May 19, 2006

P.S.

Check out this injustice that's been going on for some time, but I thought I'd just share now:

It must be nice to work in the office for Peace Corps Bulgaria. They get both Bulgarian and American holidays off. The 24th is "St. Cyril and St. Methodius Day" (the creators of the cyrillic alphabet) and the 29th is "Memorial Day" in the states. So the office is closed on those days. I wonder if other PC posts abroad get this perk. Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure I'm working the 24th, and I know I'm working the 29th. I wonder how I can transfer my assignment to the Sofia office....

P.P.S. If anyone at Peace Corps Headquarters is reading this, please don't get me wrong. I don't think you should give up these holidays. I just like to point out these interesting insights to my family and friends back home.

No comments: