Thursday, February 23, 2006

Good Times in Sofia

I've been to Sofia twice over this past week. Once with Leslie - who happened to come and visit for the weekend - and once with Yanko. Leslie and I were there just to hang out for a few hours. It was a nice trip. We went and ate at a nice restaurant (you don't know what a treat that is for me) where we ran into another volunteer and a language trainer, and then we walked around the center. We ended up at a photo exhibition being shown at a former national palace. Gotta love those historic royal homes turned into museums. I bought some art on the street. (You can see it in a previous post). I love bargaining, so that was good for me again. The next time I was with Sofia, Yanko and I were there to find some books. We had some leftover donor funding to use to build up our library, so we bought a bunch of classic literature to help our kids with school. It was fun! I like looking at old books. I've forgotten just how much is out there and how much I still have to read! Nothing in Bulgarian for me yet though. I have a long way to go before that. The past few days have been just absolutely gorgeous. The sun has been shining, and it's actually been warm. Just a few more weeks, and maybe I can start ditching the winter coat. Here's to hoping! In the meantime, I'm leaving today for Velingrad with my colleagues for a team-building workshop. Then, right after that, I'm going to another city to meet up with PCVs again to do a Project and Design Management workshop. I'll post again after I get back. Ciao for now.

No comments: